Ubbink Centrotherm Group – Verhuellweg 9 – 6984AA Doesburg, The Netherlands (‘hereinafter also referred to as “we” “us” or “our”) values clarity on how we process your personal data. This Privacy Statement informs you about this. This privacy statement applies to all persons whose personal data are processed by us, amongst others customers, visitors to our website, recipients of newsletters. with the exceptions of persons working at our company.
What are my personal data used for?
We may ask you to share your personal data with us for the following purposes:
- To execute an agreement such as delivering products and services. If you request a quotation or enter into an agreement with us, your contact details will in any case be requested. Other personal data may also be necessary for the execution of the agreement, depending on the nature of the agreement. Furthermore, data can be used for invoicing the delivered products or services provided.
- To maintain contact with you (customer management). Your contact details are kept in our customer system and can be used for sending newsletters, updates, invitations to events, seminars and sending information that you have requested from us.
- To answer questions or resolve complaints about products or services, and to provide information about their status.
- To improve our product and service information and to conduct targeted marketing campaigns. We wish to provide you with information that is relevant for you. To make this possible, we combine and analyse the personal data available to us. On that basis, we determine which information and channels are relevant and which moments are most suitable for providing information or contacting you. We do not process special categories of personal data for marketing campaigns. If we wish to create a personal, individual customer profile for you, we will ask for your consent in advance. You may always withdraw that consent later if you wish to do so.
- To improve and secure our website and IT-systems.
- To produce user statistics. We collect user statistics for our website to establish a picture of, for example, the number of visitors, the length of the visit, which parts of the website are viewed and ‘click behaviour’. These are generic reports that do not contain information about individuals. We use the information obtained to improve our website.
- Access control and company security. If you visit our business premises, we will note your name. Camera images are also made outside and in our business premises. This is necessary to know who is in the building when there are emergencies and to ensure that unauthorised persons do not have access to the building.
- Use of our WIFI network. If you visit our business premises you may use our wifi network. When you log into our wifi network we automatically collect connection data, such as the device´s identification number (MAC-address). This information is generally deleted after one year and we solely use this to prevent abuse. In case there are illegal activities from our wifi network we may deny access to the network for the device.
- To fulfil legal obligations that apply to us. In general, we process your personal data only for the purposes about which you have been informed. When we use your data for other (closely-related) purposes, additional data protection measures will be built in where they are required by law.
On which legal grounds do we process your data?
- Either because we need it to enter into or execute the agreement with you
- Because we are legally obliged to do so
- With your consent
- Or because we (or a third party) have a legitimate interest in doing so.
If we have requested your consent to process your personal data and you have given that consent, you are always entitled to withdraw it. If we process personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest, we may not infringe your privacy disproportionately.
For example, we use your contact information to send newsletters and information material and to invite you to promotional activities and events. We do not process any special personal data from you in the course of these marketing campaigns.
If we want to create a personal, individual customer profile, we will ask for your consent in advance.
What personal data do we collect?
We process personal data that you yourself have provided, personal data that are collected during your visit to our websites or business premises and personal data that are collected from other sources such as public corporate websites.
The personal data you have provided yourself are:
- Information that is necessary for the execution of an agreement concluded with you, for example a purchase/sales agreement
- Data entered on contact forms, both on paper and digitally
- Information provided during introductory meetings (business cards), events, seminars, etc.
When you visit our website, our servers store a number of things. This is information such as:
- Your IP adress
- Your cookie ID
- Your web browser
- Your location
- The web pages you visit on our website
- The ads you view
In addition, we can also obtain your personal data from other sources such as:
- Personal data that are available if you are a customer of one of our group companies or partners
- Personal data obtained from the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce or other public registers
- Personal data available on public corporate websites or corporate Social Media platforms.
When the personal data are obtained from one of the sources above, these will only be processed if this is permitted by law and corresponds to the purpose for which this information was provided.
How long do we store your personal data?
We do not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary for the purposes for which we have collected your data or in order to comply with legislation and regulations. After the expiry of the storage period, the data that we no longer need will be deleted unless we are required to keep these data for longer for the purposes of legal procedures.
To what extent do we share your personal information with others?
We may share your personal data with service providers, business partners and other third parties. We always do this in accordance with the prevailing legislation. We supply third parties with your personal data only if this is necessary for the execution of an agreement with you, or to comply with a legal obligation. We conclude a processor contract with organisations that process your data on our behalf in order to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality for your data. We remain responsible for these processing operations.
Transfer outside the EEA (European Economic Area)?
It is sometimes necessary to transfer your personal data to parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), for example in connection with the execution of an agreement by our group companies established outside the EEA. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data may be transmitted to parties outside the EEA only if an appropriate level of data protection is guaranteed or if a specific derogation applies.
Automated decisions are decisions about you that are made by computers, and not by people. Will a decision of this kind have legal consequences for you? Or may it affect you adversely? In that case, we may not take any automated decision about you.
We may take automated decisions only if we have entered into an agreement with you in that respect, if the law permits it, or if you give your consent. In these situations, you may always consult someone from our company and, in addition, you have the right to submit an objection. This can be done by sending an email to email@example.com.
We do not make fully automated decisions that can have consequences for you or affect you adversely.
The GDPR gives you, among other things, the possibility to view the personal data we hold about you, to ask whether we want to delete it or to indicate that you want to correct or supplement this information. You also have the right to request a limitation of the processing or to object to it. Finally, you have the right to request the personal data held by us in connection with data portability.
Access other websites via a link
When you visit our website, you will find links to other websites for your convenience and for information purposes. These websites may not be managed by us and may have their own privacy statement. We advise you to read this privacy statement so that you understand how your personal data are used with respect to these websites. We are not responsible for the content, use and data protection policies of the websites that are not owned by us and that we do not therefore manage.
How we protect your personal data
We acknowledge our responsibility for protecting the personal data that you entrust to us from loss, misuse or unauthorised access. We uses various security technologies and organisational procedures to protect your personal data. For example, we have access management systems, and we use firewalls and secure servers. In addition, we encode certain types of data such as financial information and other sensitive data.
Who is responsible for the protection of your data?
Ubbink Centrotherm Group – Verhuellweg 9 – 6984AA Doesburg, The Netherlands , Phone: +31 (0) 313-480200 is responsible for the processing of data as described in this privacy statement.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please feel free to contact us. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you further. In addition, if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data, we will be happy to help you and find a solution together. If we are unable to reach agreement, you have the right to submit a complaint to the guarantor for the protection of personal data pursuant to data protection legislation.
Developments are moving fast and things may change in the personal data that we ask you for and in how we use your personal data. Regulations can also change. In that case, we will amend this privacy statement accordingly. We therefore invite you to check the privacy statement regularly so that you are kept informed. We will also use our website to inform you about any major changes.
This privacy statement came into effect on 10 February 2021.
Copyright © 2021 Ubbink Centrotherm Group Privacy statement